Comic-Con: First Look at the Official Vikings SDCC Comic Book
Exclusive: Ragnar’s out for blood while Lagertha lays injured in a brand new story by creator Michael Hirst.
By Matt Fowler
History’s Vikings is returning to San Diego Comic-Con and IGN’s got your first exclusive look at the cover of the official Vikings SDCC comic book, which will be handed out to fans who attend the “Bludgeon Booth” on the convention floor or ride the Longship in the Gaslamp district.
Some more details regarding the comic: Vikings creator/writer Michael Hirst wrote the story, with Ralph Tedesco and Joe Brusha acting as script writers. The inside artwork is by Dennis Calero and the cover art – featuring a scheming Floki, an outraged Ragnar, and an injured Lagertha – was done by Anthony Spay. Take a look at the cover below
History’s Vikings panel will happen on Friday, July 10th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm in Room 6A and will feature stars Travis Fimmel, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, and Alexander Ludwig along with creator/writer Michael Hirst and History EVP Dirk Hoogstra. There will also be an exclusive sneak peek at Season 4.
The other Vikings fan actives include:
VIKINGS BLUDGEON BOOTH – CONVENTION CENTER
Vikings will be in booth #437 with a cinematic Instagram booth, allowing fans to create their own special effects Viking battle.
• The Bludgeon Booth is a walk-in glass and wooden structure, equipped with multiple ultra-slow motion cameras
• Fans dress in authentic costume, choose their opponent and then swing their Viking weapon to unleash special-effect blood splatter; cameras capture cinema-quality footage, which is compiled by on-site editors and integrated into a battle scene from the show
• 15s clips depicting a Viking battle are sharable via Instagram and other social platforms
VIKINGS HORNS – GASLAMP DISTRICT
Last year’s Vikings drinking horn program returns, giving thousands of horn-shaped beer vessels to eager and thirsty fans.
• Select local bars will offer special drink discounts for horn-holders. Some locations include: Analog Bar, Florent Restaurant & Lounge, East Village Tavern + Bowl and The New Yorker. Visit the Bludgeon Booth in the convention center for a full list.
• Vikings Brand Ambassadors and Shield Maidens will distribute the horns throughout the Gaslamp District
VIKINGS LONGSHIP – DOWNTOWN / GASLAMP DISTRICT
Fans can ride through San Diego aboard a Vikings Longship, driving through Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and sailing the harbor on Friday, July 10th and Saturday, July 11th.
• Custom fabrication and boat wrap will transform a popular San Diego “Seal Boat” into a Vikings Longship
• The boat will offer fans free stops to select Gaslamp locations, with fans receiving a Vikings Drinking Horn at the conclusion of the ride. Exact stops TBA.
• Select fans will also have a chance to win a sunset cruise aboard the Longship with the cast of Vikings.
• Follow @HistoryVikings for details on how to get a Longship ride and win a chance to board the sunset cruise with the cast.